Three Cheers for Season
It’s that time of year, our favorite in SouthWest Florida.
Here are a few reasons why (in no particular order):
* Goodbye air conditioning. The humidity is all but gone, the temps cooler. Today we opened all the windows, doors, and sliders, turned off the air conditioning and let the breeze drift through the house. While it’s 85 degrees in the sun, it’s cool as can be inside; the breeze is playfully tossing paperwork off my desk.
* Our 5 lb Yorkie, Dutch, has the run of the house and with everything wide open, he can now run back and forth from the living room, to the lanai, to the office, to the pool (and into the pool, he’s a great swimmer)… all day and all night long. An occasional bark at the neighbors completes his day. Ahhh, the life.
* The top on our convertible will stay down for some months, going up only when there is the infrequent rainstorm.
* Our visitor log is building up, and we are once again using the white board to keep track of who is visiting when. We look so forward to the arrival of friends, family, and clients.
* The SouthWest Florida real estate market is picking up speed. Buyers are coming back, prices are getting real, and well-priced inventory is moving.
* Our “Sno-bird” neighbors and friends are coming back from their summer get-aways and we’re delighted to have them back.
* The best boating season for SouthWest Florida begins now: warm days, cool nights, fantastic sunrises and sunsets.