Top Questions to Ask Before Listing Your Property
Your property will not sell if few people know it’s available for purchase. That’s why marketing and advertising is so important. While running ads in the local newspaper can be helpful, the agent must also have a plan for pro-actively marketing the property to prospective buyers. Putting a sign on the front yard and running a few ads isn’t enough in today’s market.
Here are some questions to ask before choosing an agent to list your property:
- Which web sites will profile my property?
- Do you have a personal (agent/team/broker) web site?
- How much traffic does your web site receive?
- How will other Realtors® know the property is for sale?
- What will you do to advertise my property?
- Which MLS systems will list my property?
- How do you determine the recommended listing price?
- How do you keep me informed on activity, interest, and showings?
- What is your action plan if we don’t have inquiries or showings right away?